Brightening Children's Wardrobes, the Environment and our Community!


Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Creative Process


My very talented friend received my laughable sketches early on in the business process. I think the development of our characters was one of the funnest parts of the entire process. After sending her the sketches I also sent her the rough draft of our first book. We both new that we wanted an eco-friendly line and eco-friendly robots! My friend and then partner balanced each other very well because she was extremely detailed oriented and I was not. I was so happy with the first sketch she submitted, Jacy Botberg looked so cute (maybe a little more robot-y and less people-y like she is now), but my partner wasn't happy and continued to improve on the image until we came to the current and super cute Jacy!! I was happy with each version. I remember there being a shoe debate, but the ones that resulted are absolutely adorable! As each character was delivered by email I was so excited. I used to check my email on my phone throughout the night just to see if something was delivered. I was so impressed by the talent of my partner and so excited about our future. Who couldn't love the Botberg's and the O'Geary's? I know we did!!


One thing that I really appreciated my partner did was to develop a color palet for the line. She really knew that it was important to me that the clothing and characters be very vibrant. The colors she came up with were amazing! All the sketches and colors were done in Pantone...which would later become a problem as we didn't know dye colors should be Pantone..TPX, but that is another story.


One more thing, while my partner was busy creating our amazing characters she was also busy getting our website ready and exploring other aspects of our business that I may have not thought of. She was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment